I bought two skeins of pop! merino wool yarn in Crushed, this very appealing cheery orange, for super cheap at a clearance sale over a year ago ... and then had no idea what to do with it, because I pretty much never work with bulky yarns. I'm pleased that I settled on a hat for myself.
This one started out as a free Ravelry pattern. But by the time I adjusted for smaller needles (both because I wanted a denser fabric and because, well, we actually owned them) and for my larger head, added enough length to fold over the brim, and adjusted the decreases to accommodate 63 rather than 42 stitches, it bore little resemblance to the source material.
Working with the chunky yarn and big needles makes stitch structure so visible! It's kinda neat.